Friday 16 January 2015

Talks, Lectures & Workshops in 2015...

2015 commences and what a few weeks it has been already, planning and preparing for many events in the first few months of this year! I can't quite believe that we are two weeks into January, the time goes so fast! So what better way to start the talks off this year than one that really is in the digital age - a Skype Lecture to students in New York, at the Syracuse University. As my face was projected into the classroom, we had a lively discussion about the role of the Book in contemporary photography, with specific personal case studies. Hosted by the wonderful Doug Dubois, it was an excellent way to teach over the water and engage with American students. 

The last few months I have visited a fair few UK based Universities, talking about my practice, including Falmouth, Camberwell, Portsmouth and I am very pleased to say that this continues into this year as I talk at the University of Creative Arts in Rochester in March. I am also very excited to say that my workshops continue into this year, as I take part in two in March at the new Shift School of Photography in Dresden, Germany. 

I very pleased to announce that I shall we presenting at the Royal Photographic Society's Anunal weekend lecture series, run by the Contemporary Group of RPS entitled, "Concerning Photography" other speakers include Melanie Manchot, Paul Reas, Zelda Cheatle, Chris Coekin, Peter Mitchell and Liz Hingley. Held at the Sheffield Hallum University, it is going to be an excellent weekend event.

More news and information on all events can be found here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive